Forum > Announcements > Thread

You can now add tags to models directly

Chainer
1 day ago - edited 1 day ago - permalink

On model profiles you now see this:

You can change these by clicking "Edit tags" in the upper left:

When a model is tagged, all of their pictures come up in a search result for that tag.

Under an image, you'll see model tags that are inherited from the models in the pic in gray:

When you try to edit the tags on an image, the model tags won't show up in the form (since they're coming from the model profile itself) and they don't contribute to the 10 tag per image limit.

Unlike image tags, for models you can only select from a curated list, in essence tags which mods have manually set as applicable to models. These will generally be things like nationality, ethnicity, or sport. You can't make up new model tags or add tags that aren't model tags (like "biceps"). If you think an existing tag should be made a model tag, you should let us know.

I went through the first ~6 pages of tags and turned what I thought were appropriate into model tags, and then I ran a script to backfill these with models whose pics have already been tagged with them. (Specifically, the criteria was: if at least 2 and more than 5% of a model's images are tagged with it, the model gets the tag. I didn't backfill some of the older tags though because they're more noisy.)

I'm sure I missed a lot of them though, and there are probably many relevant ones past the 6 page mark, so I would definitely appreciate someone compiling them so they can be turned into model tags.

1 day ago - permalink

Thats a great update.

A little suggestion : maybe we could have a tag search in the models tab, alongside the name search.

Also maybe include in model tags some of the other website they are featured in, like HB, or OF, or C4S.

And I understand that it's better to have model tags manually set by mods, but maybe there should be a thread for suggestions, such as missing sports or countries.

18 hours ago - edited 18 hours ago - permalink

Awesome! Would be nice to have "Polish" nationality tag. And maybe one for natural bodybuilding, too. Also: there are "slav" & "slavic" tags, which is basically the same :)

16 hours ago - permalink

Some there are missing are spanish and icelandic

15 hours ago - permalink

Awesome! Would be nice to have "Polish" nationality tag. And maybe one for natural bodybuilding, too. Also: there are "slav" & "slavic" tags, which is basically the same :)

Let's not have a tag for natural bodybuilding lol.

14 hours ago - permalink

Would be nice to have "Polish" nationality tag.

There was one already, it's been made a model tag now.

And maybe one for natural bodybuilding, too.

We already have a tag for "natural bodybuilder" which is fine if it's being used for women who compete in actual tested natural bodybuilding competitions, not just women who people guess aren't using steroids (it does seem like the current usage of it might need to be cleaned up a little)

Also: there are "slav" & "slavic" tags, which is basically the same :)

Marged into "slavic" now.

14 hours ago - permalink

Nice feature! I'm missing Danish and Norwegian

13 hours ago - permalink

And Belgian.

13 hours ago - permalink

another suggest : could we follow any tags in future ?

13 hours ago - permalink

Nice feature! I'm missing Danish and Norwegian

And Belgian.

I've enabled those, and all the other nationality tags I saw on the list, as model tags. Let me know if there's any others that need to be enabled.

12 hours ago - permalink

I'd be doing my country a disservice if I didn't ask for Portuguese.

11 hours ago - edited 11 hours ago - permalink

I'd be doing my country a disservice if I didn't ask for Portuguese.

Ah, -ese, that was the suffix I forgot to search for (I already got all the remaining nationality tags ending in -ican, -ish, -ian, -ean, and a few others). Done now.

11 hours ago - permalink

Cheers.

11 hours ago - permalink

We already have a tag for "natural bodybuilder" which is fine if it's being used for women who compete in actual tested natural bodybuilding competitions, not just women who people guess aren't using steroids (it does seem like the current usage of it might need to be cleaned up a little)

I only post myself so i dont have to guess lol But i can see your point.

5 hours ago - edited 5 hours ago - permalink

Could Dominican and Honduran be added?

2 hours ago - permalink

We’re missing Wellness as a tag.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »