Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What do we call this biceps/delts flex pose?

7 hours ago - edited 58 minutes ago - permalink

I like it when fit women push one (or both) arms against the hip or waist, which makes the delts and biceps flex and pop very nicely.

I've wondered the name of this single and double variety of pose off and on for some time, but the new tagging system renews my curiosity.

Examples:

Any ideas?

cgsweat
6 hours ago - permalink

You could make a temporary tag for cases like this. The point would be to group them under a common tag now and have it renamed later if necessary.

Maybe something like "delts pose 1".

4 hours ago - edited 50 minutes ago - permalink

What about:

"V-Arm Press Flex"

or

"Arm Triangle Press Flex"

or

"V-Arm Tension Flex" (but this loses the waist/hip pressing aspect)

or

"V-Press Arm Flex"

or

"Single/Dual V-Press Arm Flex"

Not necessarily in a hurry to tag it in advance of working out a durable name. Hopefully likable.

2 hours ago - edited 2 hours ago - permalink

The traditional English phrase for this is: Arms Akimber. Or, if one arm is in this position: Arm Akimber.

1 hour ago - permalink

The traditional English phrase for this is: Arms Akimber. Or, if one arm is in this position: Arm Akimber.

Yes, I think you meant akimbo. However, the traditional phrase hold true even as a resting stance. Such as:

http://bodylanguageproject.com/nonverbal-dict...

Notice in the flexing examples I provided above, the fingers tend to point parallel with the length of the thigh, flexing/pulling the arm into the hips/waist presses the palm against the body, which moves the arm backwards to about 45 degrees, and and nicely flexes the biceps and delts.

55 minutes ago - edited 48 minutes ago - permalink

I probably will add this as a poll later depending on the comments and suggestions here. I am trying to capture that there is flexing, the arm is pressed to create tension, and it makes a distinct v-shaped pose.

18 minutes ago - permalink

Yes, I think you meant akimbo. However, the traditional phrase hold true even as a resting stance. Such as:

http://bodylanguageproject.com/nonverbal-dict...

Notice in the flexing examples I provided above, the fingers tend to point parallel with the length of the thigh, flexing/pulling the arm into the hips/waist presses the palm against the body, which moves the arm backwards to about 45 degrees, and and nicely flexes the biceps and delts.

LOL! You are right Asianmusclefan! My mistake...it is "Arms Akimbo". Mind you, "Arms Akimber" is used in some regional dialects of English.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »