Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

What's the deal on upload credit?

Jun 25, 2024 - permalink

I enjoy GWM and try to give back to the site when I can. Yesterday (6/23), I came across the Insta page of a woman named Megan Albert with a couple dozen pix. One was of a double biceps shot that I downloaded. I came to GWM, saw there was no listing for Albert, so I uploaded the photo. This created a listing for Albert.

I just visited the site and saw my pic was merged with an upload from tempp, who is given credit for the discovery. Her page now also includes several other uploads by tempp, which I don't dispute. What the fuck gives? My upload was posted first, yet tempp gets the total credit?

Chainer
Jun 25, 2024 - permalink

Tempp's image ID: 2283415

Your image ID: 2284410

Tempp's ID is lower which means he uploaded the image first.

Although in this case the upload time wouldn't matter, since tempp's image is higher resolution (quality) so we would have kept that one regardless of the upload time.

I'm not sure how it is that both you and tempp came across this profile within such a short time of each other.

Jun 25, 2024 - permalink

Megan posted the pic on her Instagram page 26 weeks ago without any attention from tempp, AND there was no listing for her at all on GWM when I uploaded my image. (I checked to make sure it wasn't a duplicate picture.) Something's very fishy. I don't know anything about image quality unless tempp downloaded it from a different source than Insta.

Jun 25, 2024 - permalink

Tempp never names their uploads, so chances are it was already uploaded but unnamed (yet), which had you searching for it without success.

tamarok
Jun 25, 2024 - edited Jun 25, 2024 - permalink

On the bright side at least tempp provides first names on images, so we can work things out.

Looking at the two images, the more recent one is marked as being uploaded one day ago and the other two days ago.

As a point of reference, Instagram does provide images at 1440px, if you use the right tools. The 640px image is small by most current standards. Just don’t try upscaling, if you ended up downloading the wrong size (not directed at you, just making a general request to others).

Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

I don't wanna beat a dead horse. so this will be my last post on this or probably any other subject. When I checked the upload date for the pic tempp posted, it was the same as mine. Was that changed solely because a previously unidentified pic now had a name -- provided by me -- attached to it? It would be nice to know the original upload date if that were the case.

Note to mods: If an unnamed woman is identified, don't change the original upload date to avoid future disputes. Also maybe give partial credit when someone IDs an unknown woman. It's not easy trying to discover women who aren't posted here, which is why I won't do it anymore.

Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

My suggestion elfaygo, and I am not trying to stir up trouble, just load the image as soon as you find it name or not. That way if the credit is what you seek you may be duly credited. Historically, IMHO, GWM places more importance on the posting and less on the names of the women being posted. Yes that gets the ladies on more social media, but discredits their hard work by not acknowledging them. Kind of a double edged sword there.

Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

What does one get if one receives lots of credits?

Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

What does one get if one receives lots of credits?

a muscular gf

Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

a muscular gf

But do you get to pick which one?

Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

a muscular gf

Hey that's great! So I'd better get cracking on 2 things: (1) uploading a deluge of GWM pics and clips and (2) upping my Polyamory skills bigtime!

Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

Cdcd I agree with Elfaygo. You should do the right thing and give him the credit. Temp needs to name his uploads. I hope you do the right thing here.

Jun 30, 2024 - edited Jun 30, 2024 - permalink

Cdcd I agree with Elfaygo. You should do the right thing and give him the credit. Temp needs to name his uploads. I hope you do the right thing here.

Quite true Dallas...Elfaygo deserves more credits so that he can get at least 3 new gwm girlfriends. Amazing how easy it is!

Isn't it strange that Life never works like the Model proposed here?

Chainer
Jul 01, 2024 - permalink

When I checked the upload date for the pic tempp posted, it was the same as mine.

First, the date that is shown is only precise to the day; if you hover your mouse over it you will see the full precision down to the second.

Second, that date is the time it was posted to the site, after it's been through the queue and the waitlist, if applicable. You can't see the actual time of the upload, which may be earlier, but you can look at the image ID (its number in the URL) to determine which one of two was uploaded first. Those are sequenced in order by upload time.

Note to mods: If an unnamed woman is identified, don't change the original upload date to avoid future disputes.

I don't know what you're talking about, the mods can't/don't change upload dates of pictures after the fact.

Also maybe give partial credit when someone IDs an unknown woman.

I've tried to think about various ways to incentivize this but haven't come up with anything good.

Jul 01, 2024 - permalink

Idc about gaining credit. As long as we have a fresh influx of beautiful woman to admire

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »