Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

The end of an era. R.I.P. Diana the Valkyrie and its webmaster after 27 years in operation

May 05, 2024 - permalink

Hi all,

I know how much the stories on DTV's site meant to everyone. Can someone that has a copy of the site's content send me a download link through a direct message?

I can make sure to create a download link for everyone that does not go down for any reason.

Thanks.

May 05, 2024 - permalink

The Valkyrie website on the old Netscape browser was a classic, The site peaked at the beginning of the Millenium but then the herbiceps site started to take over. The links page was a real trove, basically all websites that were FBB related were listed there

May 05, 2024 - permalink

Can someone that has a copy of the site's content send me a download link through a direct message?

I can do that once I'm done putting together my current version, which will hopefully be later this week.

May 05, 2024 - permalink

https://web.archive.org/web/20240312161339/ht...

this is updated mid march 2024

fp909
May 05, 2024 - permalink

Has anyone mentioned athletic women magazine? They also Hosted with dtv and that site was probably my earliest entry to media. Back in the Jaime koeppe days

May 05, 2024 - permalink

Has anyone mentioned athletic women magazine? They also Hosted with dtv and that site was probably my earliest entry to media. Back in the Jaime koeppe days

Wasn’t Amanda Lau also prominently featured there as well (or am I thinking another site?) She had the Mandarator moniker,

May 05, 2024 - edited May 06, 2024 - permalink

Has anyone mentioned athletic women magazine?

Mentioned back here along with a bunch of other sites hosted by them.

fp909
May 06, 2024 - permalink

Wasn’t Amanda Lau also prominently featured there as well (or am I thinking another site?) She had the Mandarator moniker,

That was that one fam site that existed for 15 minutes. She was on there with another woman, black lady great physique.

May 06, 2024 - permalink

https://web.archive.org/web/20240312161339/ht...

this is updated mid march 2024

Thanks a lot

May 06, 2024 - permalink

I know the site you're thinking about, but have forgotten the name. I think they were gonna do cams, personal branding and merchandise, talk shows, all kinds of shit. They were based somewhere in SE Asia, if I remember correctly.

Athletic Women Magazine was run by Vancouver-based JP Erickson. And yes, his sites were also hosted by DtV.

May 07, 2024 - permalink

a lot of pages are going offline - starting way back with armfan, then there werea lot of great sites by lpdorman, then we had of course the awesome herbiceps messageboard...

just discovered that https://deekay.delimit.net/ is still running

May 07, 2024 - permalink

I remember also XtremeStrength or a similar name

May 07, 2024 - permalink

A lot of people these days avoid getting off the big apps and Google is trying to snuff out smaller sites on purpose

May 07, 2024 - permalink

A lot of people these days avoid getting off the big apps and Google is trying to snuff out smaller sites on purpose

Wat

May 07, 2024 - edited May 09, 2024 - permalink

I remember also XtremeStrength or a similar name

Still up, surprisingly! (Although it doesn't seem to have been updated in a couple years)-

https://xtreme-strength.com/new.htm

But you're not wrong, it was also hosted/mirrored by DtV previously, I guess they must have moved to their own servers at some point?

I went ahead and made an offline copy of it just in case (it's a lot easier than the DtV stories archive I'm working on, partly because the site is still fully online)

EDIT: Oh, apparently that site has been maintained by the same Ffejl who appeared earlier in this thread, after it being passed to him in 2009 by Paul Smith who started the site.

Ffejl, if you see this, do you know what happened to the "Gallery 2" page? (It's linked if you click "Stories" on the left bar and then "Pictures"). Was that just an older version of the Gallery page that's the same as https://xtreme-strength.com/gallery3.htm ?

EDIT2: Disregard, I realized it just seems to be an old version of the stuff that's now on the "Older picture" link at the bottom.

May 07, 2024 - permalink

Wat

Seriously what is your problem? do you think that bad things never happen. I see you react like this on everything that isn't a popular opinion or is not mainstream.

May 07, 2024 - edited May 07, 2024 - permalink

Seriously what is your problem? do you think that bad things never happen. I see you react like this on everything that isn't a popular opinion or is not mainstream.

I can't speak for Gatsby, but - no shade - I honestly don't think he understood what you were trying to say...which is my way of saying that Gatsby WAS speaking for at least one other viewer when he asked.

I have no clue what you meant by your prior post, especially within the context of this thread. I am old, though.

May 07, 2024 - permalink

I can't speak for Gatsby, but - no shade - I honestly don't think who understood what you were trying to say...which is my way of saying that Gatsby WAS speaking for at least one other viewer when he asked.

I have no clue what you meant by your prior post, especially within the context of this thread. I am old, though.

Pretty much that. I haven't heard anything about Google trying to snuff out "small sites". I know credit card processors have been more strict on companies that sell erotic content, though.

May 07, 2024 - permalink

Pretty much that. I haven't heard anything about Google trying to snuff out "small sites". I know credit card processors have been more strict on companies that sell erotic content, though.

They aren't going to admit it but you can compare search results a few years ago compared to today and see what I mean

May 07, 2024 - permalink

They aren't going to admit it but you can compare search results a few years ago compared to today and see what I mean

What you're seeing is Google giving preferential treatment to its customers and its algorithms.

fp909
May 08, 2024 - permalink

More likely is that the OG web1.0 folks are dying, or aging out of the major attention. If schmoes skew a little older and let’s be generous and say someone was 35 when they started DtV, even in 1999 it’s been 25 years and they’re 60. Peoples interests change and develop or you just do other things.

Also it’s kind of a weird hobby to have if you’re married and you’re aggregating this kind of stuff.

For myself I would hope at my death (hopefully Not untimely) that I wouldn’t have any media still around me

May 09, 2024 - permalink

I can do that once I'm done putting together my current version, which will hopefully be later this week.

Sounds good, thanks!

May 09, 2024 - permalink

EDIT: Oh, apparently that site has been maintained by the same Ffejl who appeared earlier in this thread, after it being passed to him in 2009 by Paul Smith who started the site.

Ffejl, if you see this, do you know what happened to the "Gallery 2" page? (It's linked if you click "Stories" on the left bar and then "Pictures"). Was that just an older version of the Gallery page that's the same as https://xtreme-strength.com/gallery3.htm ?

EDIT2: Disregard, I realized it just seems to be an old version of the stuff that's now on the "Older picture" link at the bottom.

Yep, I run Xtreme Strength. But submissions dried up years ago, thus the minimal updates since 2010.

About a year ago Diana suddenly (and without telling me) deleted the site off her servers. Thankfully she was kind enough to send me a backup when I ask, and I was able to re-create the site at the new URL.

If anyone wants a tarball of the site to store away 'just in case,' just DM me, happy to provide. And if you don't know what a tarball is, you probably don't need it. :)

3 days ago - permalink

Just a heads up, Amy's Conquest is back up and fully running again at the old URL. We also wrote a whole new system from the ground up and willing to set it up and operate it for any other webmasters/producers looking for an alternative to Diana the Valkyrie.

Contact us on AmysConquest(.com) if you are interested.

Thanks, Pete

2 days ago - edited 2 days ago - permalink

Just a heads up, Amy's Conquest is back up and fully running again at the old URL.

Ah, that's good news! Was everything able to be restored in terms of the old comics?

On a side note, for anyone wondering about the DianaTheValkyrie stories archive, I'm actually done compiling it (it's much more complete now), I'm just doing some fixes on the HTML files to be able to click through the pages locally before uploading it.

« first < prev Page 6 of 7 next > last »