Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why was this image merged?

Chainer
4 days ago - permalink

Yeah you're basically right, there are two ways images can get on the waitlist:

• If they are direct-uploaded by someone who's gone over 5 uploads per day, in which case they are visible immediately, just not on the front page until they come off the waitlist
  • If they are in the queue and then approved, in which case they always go on the waitlist but aren't visible at all until they come off of it, because technically they are still in the queue until then.

I think the second one of these is probably more common but I haven't checked.

I've been meaning to make the second case more similar to the first (so queue approvals would be posted to the site and on the waitlist, so no longer in the queue) but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

10 hours ago - permalink

was this image in the queue before I uploaded it? My image was first, then it was merged and now I have no credit. That's my cropping of the pic as well.

tamarok
7 hours ago - edited 7 hours ago - permalink

Your image was uploaded second.

• your image id: 2372191
  • other image id: 2371772

Additionally yours was a screenshot, which would make it lose whichever the upload order was.

Your image was uploaded second.

• your image id: 2372191
  • other image id: 2371772

Additionally yours was a screenshot, which would make it lose whichever the upload order was.

The photo always was a screenshot. It was never released to be downloaded.

*Edit

If an image is in queue and someone uploads it directly is it the queued image that gets credit? I feel like it's a mad rush to be "the first" person to upload especially if you ran out of daily uploads and need to put it in the queue.

cgsweat
7 hours ago - permalink

I feel like it's a mad rush to be "the first" person to upload especially if you ran out of daily uploads and need to put it in the queue.

It's only a mad rush if you're uploading someone who is already very popular, like Dianna.

Trust me, if an image displayed on your device, there's a way to download it directly without taking a screenshot. I assume this was an Instagram Story post or something?

If an image is in queue and someone uploads it directly is it the queued image that gets credit? I feel like it's a mad rush to be "the first" person to upload especially if you ran out of daily uploads and need to put it in the queue.

Yes, it's whichever was uploaded to the site first, regardless of whether it was queued or not.

tamarok
6 hours ago - edited 6 hours ago - permalink

An image can always be downloaded, as chipperpip indicates, if you can see it in your browser. If you need some pointers on how to download we are willing to provide advise. For example, there are download tools for Instagram stories, videos and images.

The id is an upload sequence number, irrespective of whether it went to a queue or directly went live.

« first < prev Page 8 of 8 next > last »