Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What's the psychological reason why a man might be attracted to a woman with muscles?

« first < prev Page 13 of 24 next > last »
Mar 31, 2023 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

a crazy amount of assumptions

Exactly how much is that in your books?

Mar 31, 2023 - permalink

Assumption: Muscular everything seem like people who already are something and are doing something. So that easily makes them a target for his envy Assumption: A girl who flexes and flexes for you is basically seeking your approval. That technically turns the tables on her. Your desire for strength and the associated envy has been superseded by her desire for approval for her displays of her body. Assumption: One symptom of narcissism is envy (many symptoms of narcissism) Assumption: Masochism can also be explained by bringing it under this umbrella. Logically in this case a person envies those who hurt him, so he overcomes this by uniting with them sexually. Also, "unless you hurt me I can't envy you so neither can I desire you" Assumption: Masochism can also be explained by bringing it under this umbrella. Logically in this case a person envies those who hurt him, so he overcomes this by uniting with them sexually. Also, "unless you hurt me I can't envy you so neither can I desire you" Assumption: Finally, a sadist could be envious of the vulnerability of his victim. Except that probably neither role is entirely voluntary or chosen: The sadist can not let go of control even if he wanted to. The masochist can not achieve control even if he wanted to. So why some person remains addicted to these things is because he thinks he has a sexual problem that has a sexual solution, instead of a self-image problem that would require a self-image solution. The whole sexual revolution could maybe be summarized as sexual solutions to self-image problems. What's the psychological reason why a man might be attracted to a woman with muscles? Don’t see an answer above

Mar 31, 2023 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

Look closer.

Mar 31, 2023 - permalink

Yep, I guessed right. You have no clue what an assumption is or what it means, when it is useful or warranted or when it is problematic. You rather sound like a dumb kid who once learned that you can challenge something you have no clue about by calling random statements assumptions.

Actually there is one. You just need to learn to think.

Who the hell is this guy? (awaiting his response...)

Mar 31, 2023 - permalink

wow, all I have to say is that is a crazy amount of assumptions that add up to nothing zarklephaser4

all of his posts add up to nothing.

[deleted]
Mar 31, 2023 - permalink

all of his posts add up to nothing.

Bonne observation... "Great minds have the faculty of saying a great deal with few words, lesser minds have a talent of talking much and saying nothing."

~ Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Apr 01, 2023 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

Exactly!

[deleted]
Apr 01, 2023 - permalink

I really don't understand.

Correct. And that's where you should stop, but you just don't know how to, or why you are so bitter, unhappy and desperately need to be right and feel intellectually superior to others.

Perhaps if you read again slowly all you wrote you will figure it out. But I doubt it.

Apr 02, 2023 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

What if I'm just evil?

Apr 02, 2023 - permalink

all I can say is wow. I decided it was best to stop commenting once your decided to attack me. I didnt attack you, I simply do not agree with your thoughts or assumptions. Plus I don't need your approval (nor do you need mine). Very typically however when someone can't defend they attack which you did to me. Talk about a high horse, look in the mirror. Anyhow, many of the comments by others are right on target,and this is simply a boring dicussion over nothing and not at all on target with topic.

Apr 02, 2023 - permalink

Everybody should stop posting in this thread for a month as an experiment to see how long it takes dorklephaser to start arguing with himself. If he hasn't already had a psychotic break, this may be the final straw.

all I can say is wow.

That's false. You said a lot of other things too.

I prefer moderately high horses.

Apr 02, 2023 - permalink

“I’m saying it now: It’s a joke.

Jokes have punchlines. Where is yours?

Apr 02, 2023 - permalink

It’s too bad this thread has de-evolved. The topic is of general interest to GWM users. It seems there is no one satisfactory answer for the psychological reason a man may admire a buff, muscular woman. Many paths lead us in this direction.

Apr 02, 2023 - permalink

Most of you guys ARE the punchlines. You are just too stupid to see how you get played.

Apr 02, 2023 - permalink

People stop the keyboard fighting or they are going to lock the thread.

Apr 03, 2023 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

Yes. Especially since some keyboards are heavy and it hurts to get hit by one.

Apr 03, 2023 - permalink

Quite strangely, the kind of derision I get here makes me feel manly and like an adult in comparison. Most don't even try to be >better in any way.

Translation: you're a male Karen.

This dude is such a pathetic loser that he gets off on annoying people on the internet. I mean, we all knew that, but it's weird to see him come out and say it plainly.

Apr 03, 2023 - permalink

People stop the keyboard fighting or they are going to lock the thread.

I'm shocked that this thread wasn't locked long ago. The moderators must be amused by the verbal combat? 🥴

[deleted]
Apr 03, 2023 - permalink

Translation: you're a male Karen.

This dude is such a pathetic loser that he gets off on annoying people on the internet. I mean, we all knew that, but it's weird to see him come out and say it plainly.

I agree. He is 100% pathetic and the fact he is allowed to be such a dick to everyone speaks volumes about the level of intelligence and maturity in the moderation on this forum. Talk about diminishing the quality of what could be a great website. No class whatsoever. Total embarrassment. It makes no sense harmless image comments are filtered for "low quality" and his pseudo psycho-babble BS interlaced with personal attacks pass muster. Who is this guy? Is this an alt account of a moderator or the administrator or something, or is this the kind of sick shit that amuses the powers that be here? He got one thing right. I'm not a hot young woman. I'm 42, fit and natural, interested in starting bodybuilding, but I will definitely be leaving. What the hell is wrong with people here? If you are an adult and can't adequately answer what the psychological reason is for muscular attraction in one clear sentence, or better yet, one word, you need help. Period.

That's a bad translation.

Calling out pretentiousness is not the same as being a dick.

Apr 03, 2023 - edited Apr 03, 2023 - permalink

relevant movie clip inserted here

Zarkle is a chatbot optimized for literature review, but incapable of culminating in a concise defensible thesis statement.

While never actually taking a position by promulgating a concise hypothesis or thesis that could be testable, Zarkle attacks opposing points of view based on semantic assumptions and corresponding authority-mimicking “corrections,” or even worse, false epistemological arguments. All infused with snobbery. It’s rather amazing, actually, despite the wasteful pity of it all.

There’s no “there” there.

Philosophical and metaphysical stuff in general is not testable.

« first < prev Page 13 of 24 next > last »